Friday 16 October 2009

MACK 10 INTERVIEW

Form:
http://www.illuminati2g.com/home.htm
I2G chiled with Mack 10 for a interview. We discuss his new album, Soft White, out now, the inspiration behind the new single Mirror Mirror and the video for it, memories of recording Westside Connection albums and the future plans for Hoo Bangin Records. Good info discussed check it out.

For audio of the interview, click on the link below:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vyz3yjjyzvm



We are here with Mack 10, how's it going?

I'm good, I can't complain, I am out here hustling.

Your new album, Soft White, came out on Tuesday (September 29th). Why did you have the long break inbetween Soft White and Hustlas Handbook?

I was dealing with personal things. Things that I had to make sure that were behind me, I went through a divorce and everything so I wanted to make sure that was behind me. So I could just focus and move forward.

You dropped the single Mirror Mirror a couple of weeks ago and a video for it. That video reminds me of alot of Only In California that you did with Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg.

You think that of the Mirror Mirror video?

Yeah.

Ok, yeah I can see how you could see that.

Tell me about the song and how it came together along with the video.

Mirror Mirror was just me being me. That was just Mack keeping it real on that one so that one was easy to do. The video I wanted it to be different and alternative, just abstract visually.

What differences would you say this album has that is different from say Hustlas Handbook or some of your previous albums as far as the sound?

This is a just a better, all around album then Hustlas Handbook. Hustlas Handbook was my last album that I had to turn in on my Capitol deal because my deal was up and I was not going to resign. I had to fullfill my obligation and turn the album in so it was like that but it was a pretty good record. This new album here, Soft White is not even a comparison, even with Hustlas Handbook. I got A level players and big stars on this record, it is a much better record period.

Do you have another single planned to drop after Mirror Mirror?

Yeah Hood Famous with J. Holiday and the video is already shot.

Do you have anymore plans of working with Fred Wreck in the future? I know he co executive produced on Hustlas Handbook and you guys have really good chemistry on tracks together.

Fred is my man so I am always going to work with him. I ain't never going to do a record without him if I can help it.

What is up next for your label, Hoo Bangin? Everyone is wondering what is up with Glasses Malone's new album, so what can people be in store for when it drops?

Glasses Malone got one of the hottest albums to come from the west coast in while out here. He is doing it big in a real way so the people can expect hot music from Glasses Malone.

How is the duo album coming along that you and Glasses are working on?

It is almost finished, the Mack & Malone album, it is called Money Music.

Do you have a targeted release date or anything?

It will be later in the 1st quarter next year that it would drop. I am getting ready to flood and saturate the market with Hoo Bangin records.

That leads right into my next question. Is there any other artists, new or established, that you are currently working with?

I am in the process of signing 2 well known west coast artists that are some up and coming youngsters, and I can't say they name yet. They were both on majors and they are getting off of the labels right now to come be with me. They known what it is, the real is back. (laughs)

Laughs

This is Mack 10, you know how I do.

You were doing the film thing heavy there for a bit, producing your own movies and starring in movies. Are there any movies that you are currently working on?

I just worked on a movie called The Effect. It was about Barack Obama and I played kinda like a square guy in the movie actually. A guy that worked in a office and carried a briefcase and wore a suit and tie everyday. I am trying to expand a bit and show my acting hand, but other than that I am getting ready to shoot another movie through Hoo Bangin called Scratch. That will be through Hoo Bangin Films, just like many of my other movies have.

That seems like something that is missing right now from the west coast is a major or a indie based west coast label. What do you feel that it will take to help bring the west back to the forefront?

That is me, don't even worry about it, the real is back. Believe me when I tell you. It is getting ready to be ugly out here.

The chemistry that you and Glasses Malone have on tracks reminds me from back in the day the chemistry that you had with Snoop on songs. Do you have any more plans of working again with Snoop? You guys did LBC To The ING.

Oh yeah that is my homeboy and we can always pull a record or 2 off. That is my guy.

I know it has been a while since you guys had worked together so that is good to hear you guys are still cool. Another thing, well at least in my personal opinion I feel the whole Westside Connection and Ice Cube question is beat into the ground, but on a different tip, do you have a personal favorite record from Terrorist Threats or Bow Down or great memories that stick out to you during that whole recording process?

Yeah on Terrorist Threats I would have to say You Gotta Have Heart is one of my favorites off of that album. My verse was cold blooded on there, that was a great verse. I had alot of fun doing Terrorist Threats and on Bow Down, I would have to say Gangstas Make The World Go Round, All The Critics In New York, all that was off the hook. That was and still is a classic album. We sold 2 million album independent.

Absolutely. Did you guys know back then...., you had your own solo thing going, WC had Maad Circle and Cube had his thing going. Did you guys realize, the impact that you had looking back at it now and seeing everything that happened with Westside Connection as far as the success? I mean that is a legendary group in my opinion.

No, well not while we were doing it did I think that it would be like this. But it is and God is good.

You have been given many nicknames since you came into the game. Mack Manson, Chicken Hawk, Mack Dime, The Maniac, The Dope Dealer. Do you have a personal favorite out of any of those that has been given to you on different tracks?

(Laughs) Mack Sinatra, Mack Manson, I mean I have been named everything. I think my personal favorite is the Chicken Hawk, that is my favorite.

That was a hell of a track too. (Chicken Hawk) That is one of my favorites from you.

Yeah Chicken Hawk, that nickname is legendary (laughs)

Well that is all the questions that I have for you, appreciate you getting down for the interview. Is there any last words or shoutouts you want to check out there to the people?

Soft White in stores right now, go out and get it, it's dope. Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, Birdman, J. Holiday, Akon, Anthony Hamilton. Glasses Malone, Red Cafe. I mean it is what it is, you gotta have that.

Appreciate the interview.

Thanks man.

No comments:

Post a Comment